Council wants to upgrade Lidgett Street Reserve to create a more useable, inviting, green and playful space for our community.
Council has created some concept plans containing options for potential playground equipment and reserve amenity and are encouraging suggestions from the community regarding what they want to see in this space. These concept designs can be viewed under the Document Library to the right.
The overall upgrade will need to be done in stages and Stage 1 of the upgrade includes a new playground and seating areas in the park.
The proposal for Stage 1 of the upgrade to Lidgett Street Reserve includes:
- Relocation of the playground closer to the Lidgett Street frontage of the park
- A new play structure with slides, a bridge and climbing net for younger children
- New climbing nets for older children
- New swings including an infant swing
- New balance beams, steppers and plantings next to the play space to provide a sensory play experience
- New seating and plantings next to the playground
We invite your feedback and suggestions on both the concept design of the playground and the overall concept plan for the whole Reserve.
You can have your say by contributing to the community feedback options below.
This round of consultation closes on Monday 18 November 2019 at 9am.